Teachers Workchoice Day
September 21, Spark NZ, Victoria Street West, Auckland Central
Connecting educators and employers
As the climate of employment and employability changes, so too must the classroom to best support young people today.
Teachers Workchoice Day now entering its fourth year offers a fantastic opportunity for the professional development of educators in seconadry schools or Tertiary roles that directly work with young people developing their employability skills and work readiness. Our past Teachers Workchoice Days have given over 350 teachers a fresh look at the world of work as well as providing them with increased industry knowledge that they have been able to take back to the classroom.
CURRICULUM LINKS may include:
- Digital Technologies
- Equipment & engineering
- Material World: The structure of matter
- Mathematics and statistics | Number and Algebra; Measurement; Statistics; Levels 1-3
- Media Studies
- Nature of Technology: Characteristics of Technology
- Nature of Technology: Charateristics of Technology; Characteristics of technological outcomes
- Physical World: Physical inquiry and physics concepts; Using physics, Physics
- Technological Practice: Planning for practice
During the morning session you will hear from industry leaders who will share their expertise on current trends in their respective industries and will give you an overview of the skills they are seeking when employing at entry level positions.
The afternoon session consists of workplace visits giving you the opportunity to see how technology and innovation are changing the world of work.
Places for visits are booked on a first in first served basis. So make sure you register today to get your preferred workplace visit.
- Fletcher Building
- Ports of Auckland
- Sky TV
- The Warehouse Group
- T & G Global
Registration is now closed. For any inquiries about Teachers Workchoice Day, please contact Shaun Gear on firstname.lastname@example.org.